Club Advisor Tip Sheet to JFK Activities
Important Dates to Remember for 2019-202
- Club Rush Week September 18-22 at lunch (Need to supervise your club)
- Coffee House December 9-13 at lunch (Need to supervise your club)
- Multicultural Week February 18-21 (Supervise your club if they are selling food/items)
- International Night Thursday, February 20 from 8 -9 pm (after parent conferences)
- 2018-2019 Club Constitution due April 30
- You are expected to come to the initial advisor meeting held in September.
- You are expected to supervise all club activities. Students must get your approval FIRST before submitting forms to ASB. (Example: Selling food at lunch during Multicultural Week, Rehearsals after school, performances (International night), and any additional fundraisers/activities you and the students agree upon.
- You are the liaison between the club and Ms. Mulcahy. Ms. Mulcahy is the liaison with Admin and District.
- You are the adult signer for the club account. Please verify what students are trying to purchase before submitting any forms for Pre-Approval. (Mulcahy, Facha, and Velez will confirm if it is an allowable expense.)
- Fundraisers dates and times must be approved first to ensure there are no conflicts. (Example: Candy, Restaurant fundraisers)
- Candy sales are not allowed during school hours or on campus
- There must be a representative (authorized signer) at all club meetings. (Once a month)
- Have to have PRE-APPROVAL first to do anything. (Example: to spend money has to be approved first in writing by ASB.) By law, we CAN’T give pre-approval and request a check on the same day. Receipt date has to be after pre-approval.
- Pre-Approval is a PO request. This can be picked up from the business office or room 156.
- Once items are received Donna Facha or Ms.Mulcahy need to be notified that the PO is okay to be paid. A check will be requested after packing slip/receipt/invoice is turned in.
- Please allow 2 weeks for a check request. It has to be approved, printed, and receive proper signatures before mailing or picking up.
- When you need to use a facility on campus, you must send a written request by email to Mrs. Kiester and CC Mulcahy. Please note any facility used on Saturday or Sunday requires a custodian at an additional cost to the club class.
Activities Director: Tori Mulcahy (510) 657-4070 x27156 email@example.com
Account Clerk: Donna Facha (510) 657-4070 x27012 firstname.lastname@example.org
School Secretary: Angelyn Kiester (510) 657-4070 x27306 email@example.com
Principal: Edward Velez (510) 657-4070 x 27030 firstname.lastname@example.org