January 2024 Updates!
Residency Verification Forms Due!
On January 29th you will receive an email from Informed K12 regarding the required annual Residency Verification. The email will include a form that includes your student’s information. You will need to upload two current proofs of residency (within the previous 30 days.) Please do not upload your ID/driver’s license as this is not considered an acceptable proof of residency.
Once you sign and submit the form, it will go directly to your child’s current school of attendance for processing.
If you do not see the email, please check your SPAM/junk email folders.
This is the time of year when winter weather takes a toll on school attendance. Road conditions and rain can make it hard to get your children to school. So can illnesses such as colds, flu, fevers, earaches, and COVID-19.
These absences, even if they are excused, break the routine of daily attendance which can impact students feeling connected and engaged in learning. Please consider these steps to keep your children healthy and in school this winter.
- Develop back up plans for getting your children to school. Check who can give your children a ride if you can’t take them, or form a “walking school bus” to walk to school with other families.
- If your children get sick or you are concerned about Covid or the flu, talk to your child’s medical provider or the school nurse for advice.
- Stomach pain and headaches can be signs of anxiety and may not be reasons for keeping a child home. If you feel that anxiety or stress is playing a role, talk to your child’s teacher, the school nurse, counselor or your medical provider about how best to support your child.
- Encourage children to wash their hands before and after eating and after using the restroom.
- Encourage healthy habits such as getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, drinking fluids and getting exercise.
Let us know how we can help you. If you’re having trouble, need resources or advice, please call us at 510-797-5940 and ask to speak with Jennifer Mehta.
Thank you for partnering with us!
TK Information Night!
TK Information Night
Virtual Session and Q&A
Wednesday, February 21, 2024
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Register and get the Zoom link by going to:
Come find out about our amazing TK program!
Get your questions answered!
Want to learn more? Visit: http://bit.ly/FUSDTK1
See this flier for more information.
Updated Soccer Schedule!
ALL students must have a permission slip and sports physical clearance form submitted to the office by Friday, March 1st in order to try out. No exceptions will be made to this requirement. All physicals need to be dated April 11, 2023 – present to be accepted.
Soccer tryouts are open to 4th and 5th graders only.
Practice & Game Information:
Girls Try-Outs March 4th 3:30 – 4:45
Boys Try-Outs March 6th 3:30 – 4:45
Practices begin Monday, March 11th
Practice: Mondays 3:30 – 4:45 and Wednesday 3:30– 4:45
League Games: April 11 through April 29 (every Monday and Thursday) No Game on Monday, April 15th
League Tie Breaker game: May 2 (if needed)
Tournament Game: Saturday, May 4th @ Glenmoor Elementary
ELPAC assessments for MLL students window opens February 2nd – May 24th. More information can be found here FUSD Parent-Student Handbook