Medication Taken at School
The requirements listed below must be met prior to school personnel dispensing medications:
- ALL medications must be kept in the office, not in the student's possession.
- Medication that is kept in the office for the student requires a medical form signed by the parent and physician. This form is required for over-the-counter drugs, including cough drops.
- All prescription and over-the-counter medicine must be in their original container (i.e., the bottle from the pharmacy) and have the student's name printed on the label.
- Medical forms may be obtained from the school office or by Form D under Supplemental Forms.
- School personnel will not dispense medication to students if the child's parent has failed to abide by the aforementioned regulations.
Last Updated: September 13, 2023