January 8, 2024
Hello FUSD Community,
I hope the winter break and the holiday season brought you and your loved ones moments of joy and gratitude and the chance to engage in a celebration of family and friends. As we embark on this new year, I am reflecting on our progress in 2023, and refocusing on areas of opportunity and needed improvements in Fremont Unified.
Our accomplishments in 2023 were due to the hard work and dedication of talented and committed individuals who take personal and professional responsibility for supporting our students in the most impressive ways. We had much to recognize and celebrate:
The new year allows us to build on these accomplishments and achieve much more. Future areas of focus and growth include, but are not limited to:
- Continued progress on facility improvements.
- Exploration of new funding measures to support Fremont Unified, such as parcel tax renewals and new bond measures to support facility needs.
- Further implementation of our multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) model to meet student needs academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Additional work to prepare for an uncertain economy, and secure funding from the state and federal government to maximize resources to support our students and staff.
- Continued focus on results for student achievement to allow for data-driven decisions that best support our students’ performance and overall development.
- Continued exploration of diverse pathways and course offerings to support all students.
Throughout my time in FUSD, I’ve been impressed with our teachers and other certificated staff, classified employees, and managers. I am equally amazed by the engagement of our community and the dedication and excellence of quality of our students, who work so hard to reach their full potential in many capacities.
As your Superintendent, and in collaboration with our Board of Education, it will remain my focused goal to be of service to our students, staff, and community; to enhance the things we are doing well; to improve in the areas of need; and to share an attitude of gratitude for the opportunity to serve this great school district and community.
Thank you to each of our staff members who are so committed to the service of our students in FUSD, and thank you to our community for entrusting us with your children.