Students visit with their class once a week to hear a story and check out books. Books are checked out for one week and can be renewed.
- Kindergartners may checkout two books a week.
- 1st & 2nd graders may checkout two books a week and later three books per each teacher’s discretion.
- 3rd graders may checkout three books a week.
- 4th graders may checkout four books a week.
- 5th graders may checkout five books a week.
- This is flexible if they are working on a class project.
- Teachers have an unlimited checkout number and are checked out for a month.
- Parents may checkout up to 10 books for 2 weeks.
Missing and lost books
Missing a library book? Once you find it get it back quickly, students may not checkout books until books are returned or account is cleared.
If a book is missing / overdue longer than a month the book must be paid for or replaced with an exact copy (hardcover for hardcover, not a paperback version).
- Payment may be made in the form of cash or check (payable to Mattos Elementary).
- Replacement fees are set by the district, $25 for hardcover books and $10 for paperbacks.
- Students who owe money to library by the last week in May will not receive a final report card.