Appropriate dress helps to set a positive tone for learning. Students at Patterson Elementary are to comply with the dress code as follows:
- Shoes must be worn.
- No thongs or sandals should be worn to school.
- Tank-tops, off-the-shoulder shirts or blouses or those which show the midriff are not allowed. See-through tops, muscle tops, tube tops or spaghetti straps are not allowed.
- Shorts and skirts must be at least fingertip length when arms are held beside the body. Undergarments should not be visible.
- Students in the Fremont Unified School District may not wear any gang-related clothing (bandannas, gang colors, insig, etc)
- Students may not wear hats indoors.
- No clothing or item which represents drugs and/or alcohol, hate or discriminatory symbols, or illegal activity is permitted at school.
- Sunglasses may only be worn outdoors, unless a doctor's prescription permits it otherwise.
- Makeup should not be worn at school.
- Taps and heel plates are not permitted.
- Other inappropriate clothing, accessory or body marking as determined by the school administration may not be permitted.
- Cellular phones, and smart watches are not permitted to be used for communication or online activities during school hours. Students are welcome to use school phones to communicate with adults on their emergency cards as needed during the day.
Students who violate the dress code will be required to change clothing and parents will be notified.
Last Updated: July 12, 2023