Online Resources for Teachers and Students
- Destiny Online Library Catalog - choose "Maloney Elementary"
- FUSD Digital Learning Resources - links to Benchmark, Lexia, Science Mystery, etc.
- Britannica Online Encyclopedia - articles, images, videos and more
- Kid-friendly search engines - e.g. Internet Public Library for Kids, Fact Monster
- Alameda County Library - eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMags, movies, music and more
- Amazon Audible - audiobooks for children; free "while schools are closed"
- International Children's Digital Library - free eBooks
- Teaching Books - "An engaging collection of resources that brings books to life." Teachers can set up an account and send students links to books. There are author interviews, lessons, activities.
- Storyline Online - books read by celebrities, includes activities
- Storytime from Space - picture books read by astronauts from the International Space Station
- Bound to Stay Bound Educational Resources - offers virtual tours, educational website and fun activities
- National Geographic Kids website - learn all about geography and fascinating animals!
- We Are Teachers - a list of "325+ Amazing Online Learning Resources" broken down by grade level
- Wide Open School - a fantastic free and open collection of educational resources; updated continually
- Wonders of Learning - Wonderopolis - free STEM articles with comprehension tests, maker space ideas
- Various free education subscriptions or trials - links to various resources currently waiving subscription fees or providing a free trial
- Google 2,000+ Museum Virtual Tours
- The National Gallery of Art
- Travel & Leisure Virtual Tours of 12 famous museums from around the world
Zoos and Aquariums
- Cincinnati Zoo Animal Feedings
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- San Diego Zoo Webcams
- Woodland Park Zoo Webcams
- Dav Pilkey at Home - get creative and have fun with some of your favorite characters from Dog Man and Captain Underpants - reading, drawing, activities, videos and more!
- Disneyland - 30 Virtual Disneyland rides to experience from home!
- Harry Potter Escape Room - a free online Hogwarts-themed escape room where Muggles are invited to try and free themselves by solving puzzles and riddles. Made by a children's librarian, the adventure blends Harry Potter knowledge with problem-solving skills for a uniquely challenging puzzle.
- Harry Potter's Wizarding World - explore the inner workings of the wizarding world with "J.K. Rowling Originals" - a collection of writing from J.K. Rowling; games, activities, quizzes and all things Harry Potter!
- Highlights Kids - videos, games, jokes, cool science experiments, activities and more!
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems - your favorite "Elephant & Piggie" and "Pigeon" author/illustrator teaches kids how to draw and shares stories of how and why he wrote his books.
- Smithsonian Science Education Game Center -- free Smithsonian STEM games and simulations to play online or for download
Last Updated: September 13, 2023