In the event of a crisis, please contact the National Crisis Hotline at
1 (800) 273-TALK or call '911' immediately for any life threatening emergencies.
- Cosmic Yoga offers free yoga and mindfulness videos geared for children via Youtube.
- Go Noodle offers free exercise/movement/relaxation/mindfulness videos for children via Youtube.
- Anxiety and Stress Resources for Kids provides a database of online resources to help children and families with mental health needs.
Health and Mental Health Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a United States-based suicide prevention network of 161 crisis centers that provides a 24/7, toll-free hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Please call 1-800-273-8255.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to reach a crisis counselor for free crisis counseling 24 hours/7days a week via text message.
- Medi-Cal and Alameda Alliance insurance: please call Alameda County Access at (800) 491-9099 to find out about Bay Area agencies that offer mental health and therapy services. Offer services in various languages.
- Psychology Today-Find a Therapist has a website link below to search for a database of therapists based on zip code. You can filter your search based on your insurance, geographic area, issues you are seeking help, and other factors.
- Open Path Collective: provides a database of mental health professionals providing affordable therapy/counseling starting from $30 to $60 for each individual session. Please note that most therapists are primarily offering online therapy at this time.
Online Learning Resources
- Wide Open Schools: free online resources to support remote, online learning during coronavirus pandemic curated by Common Sense Media. Offers a free collection of the best learning and activities for kids, organized by grade level and subject. All of the information can be translated into Spanish.
- Khan Academy: free educational program and video tutorials on various subject areas for children two to seven years of age.
- Brainfuse: free online live tutoring from 1pm to 10pm PST for library cardholders in Alameda county.
- Comcast is offering free internet during the coronavirus pandemic to help families stay connected online. Please either call 1-855-846-8376 or check on link.
- FUSD Suggested Activities for Families: provides a wide array of community and educational resources to support FUSD students during school closure.
City of Fremont Resources
- Call 211 via Eden I & R Inc.: Eden I & R, Inc., was incorporated as a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency in January 1976 in response to a community need for a service that would assist people in obtaining information about, as well as gaining access to, community resources. Our skilled information management and referral specialists provide a critical information bridge between individuals in need and human service agencies. Please call 211 to get referrals and information on community resources in Alameda county.
- Fremont Family Resource Center (FRC): Centrally located in the Hub, the FRC houses over 25 State, County, City and non-profit agencies providing a variety of integrated services. Services include adult and youth employment, cash aid, CalFresh (Food Stamps), child care information and referral, mental health services, housing information, parent support services, educational programs, free tax preparation including back taxes, credit repair and counseling, personal support services intensive, coordinated case management, workshops and support groups, asset-building programs, veteran services, kinship support services, and vocational services. Please call (510) 574-2000 to get connected with case managers who can work with you to get you connected with important resources in the community. Spanish case managers are available.
24 Hour Parenting Stress Hotline via Family Paths: Our 24-hour Parent Support & Resource Hotline provides free and confidential counseling, information and to anyone in need of parenting support and access to nearly 900 community resources from our vast database. You have access to caring treatment specialists for one-time anonymous calls or regular callbacks to support you with your particular parenting or family concerns, refer you to Family Paths’ services, or provide other Alameda County resources. Call 1-800-829-3777
Child Mind Institute is an organization that provides information and resources to support children with mental health needs and/or learning differences. During this crisis, it provides daily tips to help parents during this crisis, Facebook Live chats with expert mental health clinicians, remote evaluations and telemedicine, and advice on how to nurture and protect your child.
Divorce Care for Kids: provides an online directory of Bay Area divorce support group for children. A DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K) group is a safe, fun place where your children can learn skills that will help them heal. DC4K groups blend, games, music, stories, videos and discussion to help kids process the divorce and move forward. Also provides a directory of articles with parenting advice and strategies.
Understood.org is a new, free online resource (in English and Spanish) that is aimed at providing families with the practical tools and advice for their child’s academic, social, and emotional journey and especially for children struggling with learning and/or attention issues.
Gender Spectrum is an organization that provides a variety of free online spaces for LGBTQ, gender-inclusive, and non-binary communities. They also offer resources and parenting support in Spanish.
Autism Speaks: National organization that provides information, parenting advice, and online spaces for supporting the needs of individuals with autism.
Money and Budget Strategies provided by NPR Life Kit podcast: provides advice on how to file for unemployment, manage mortgage or rent payments, and budget during this pandemic.
California COVID-19 Response: created by CA government to create centralized website to find out information on COVID-19 testing centers, emotional health resources, financial assistance especially for small businesses, and receive alerts in your county.
The Parenting Guides- Parenting Guides provide benchmarks and tips for your child's academic, physical and social emotional growth.
Last Updated: June 30, 2023