Welcome to Parkmont
Parkmont is a wonderfully diverse school with an active and supportive parent community. There are 884 students in grades TK-5th with 33 classroom teachers. Grades 1st-5th have PE with a PE teacher. The school has a computer lab and science lab that is used by the classroom teachers with support from many parents. The library media center is open three days a week due to recent budget cuts.
Parkmont provides many learning opportunities to students including:
- Student Council for students in 3-5th grade
- Beginning After-School Band, paid entirely by Fremont Education Foundation, for students in grades 4-5th
- Parkmont University - an after-school enrichment classes offered throughout the school year.
- Basketball team, by try-outs, for girls and boys in 4-5th
- Soccer team, by try-outs for girls and boys in 4-5th grade
- After school Run Club
- Photography Club during lunch for 4th-5th grade students
- Junior Safety Patrol for 5th grade students
Parkmont students strive for high academic achievement and are supported by credentialed staff, ongoing interventions, as well as enrichment programs. To ensure all students are having every opportunity to be successful, there is a Credentialed teacher providing l intervention support and also Homework Club: homework tutoring classes. Students who continue to struggle academically are referred to the Students Study Team look for further support. A Youth and Family Services Intern Counselor provide service to students two days a week.
Parkmont students show pride in their school by working hard academically and taking care of their school. Parkmont is truly a caring, learning community.