General Health – FAQ

What do I do if my child needs glasses?

Contact your school nurse if you do not have vision insurance.

What if my child needs over the counter medication at school?

FORM D/MEDICATION AT SCHOOL English | español | 中文 (pdf)

My child has asthma; can they keep their inhaler in their backpack?

Students are not allowed to carry inhalers in their backpack unless authorized by their physician on FORM D.
FORM D/MEDICATION AT SCHOOL English | español | 中文 (pdf)

Can I send my child to school with cough drops, sunscreen, unscented moisturizer, lip balm?

A parent note is required to send non-medicated cough drops, sunscreen, unscented moisturizer, or lip balm with child to school.

My child is injured and cannot participate in P.E./recess; how do I let my school know?

Parent/guardian must provide doctor note or activity restrictions form to the school.

What is a 504 plan?

A student with a disability under Section 504 is one who has a physical or mental impairment (i.e. Diabetes, asthma, bipolar disorder, etc.) that substantially limits one or more major life activities. If your child needs additional services related to a disability or medical condition, your child may be eligible for a Section 504 Plan or Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Contact the school office or principal for information regarding 504 Plans, and/or Special Education services by the District.