AP Testing Information Spring 2024
American High School
Advanced Placement® (AP) Exam Registration Information 2023-24
The following provides information on the AP exam registration for the 2023-24 school year. The registration ordering window is Monday, October 2, 2023 at 4:00 PM through Monday, October 23, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Payment deadline is Monday, November 6, 2023 at 4:00pm.
Please review this flowchart to see if you are eligible to take the test.
FUSD students are eligible to sign up for AP exams offered in their home high school. While most students will take each test at their home school, some students may be required to test at a different location. Please follow this procedure below.
- Review this list to see AP exams offered at FUSD high schools.
- If the AP exam you would like to sign up for is offered at the American High, follow the directions in the section titled “Registration” at the bottom of this document.
The following AP exams are offered at American High School:
2D Art and Design (only for students rostered in the class)
Chinese Language and Culture
Computer Science Applications
Computer Science Principles (only for students rostered in the class)
French Language and Culture
Physics 1- Algebra Based
Physics 2 - Algebra Based
Physics C Electricity & Magnetism
Physics C Mechanics
Spanish Language and Culture
United States Government and Politics
United States History
World History: Modern
- If an FUSD AP exam is NOT offered at American, go to this Google Form and enter your information. Priority will be given to 12th and 11th grade students. Please note, it is unlikely that 9th and 10th graders will be permitted due to space constraints. Younger students have opportunities in future years. Placement of students at other testing locations will be done by FUSD staff.
All students will be placed on a WAITING LIST once enrolled. Students will be removed from the waiting list in the order below. Within each student group, priority will go to students beginning with 12th grade, 11th, 10th, then 9th. Students will get an email asking for payment once they have been moved off the waitlist.
- Students currently enrolled in the AP class
- Students who are self-studying for an AP exam
Cost and Ordering
The 2024 AP Exams cost is $120 per exam. If you require financial assistance, email Mrs. Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your counselor.
The order window is Monday, October 2, 2023 at 4:00 PM through Monday, October 23, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
- October 2, 2023 through October 12, 2023: Priority registration for students currently enrolled in an AP course associated with the registered exam.
- October 13, 2023 through October 23, 2023: Registration window opens for self-study students for eligible self-study exams.
Registrations are to be paid for by 4:00 PM on Monday, November 6, 2023. Registrations that are not paid by 4:00 PM on Monday, November 6, 2023 will be canceled and exams will not be ordered. After students/families have ordered and paid, the following cancellation and refund deadlines apply:
- Drop an exam(s) with a full refund: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Drop an exam(s) with a refund minus a $45 fee (cancellation fees are paid to the College Board): Wednesday, November 8, 2023 through Wednesday, January 24, 2024
- No refunds will be issued for an exam(s) dropped after January 24, 2024
Registration: This is a 2 step process
- Students will need to register on the College Board website. In order to register, students must use the unique join codes they receive/d from their AP teachers. Each teacher and each teacher’s period has a specific join code for the course AP exam. If they don't already have a College Board account, they will need to make one. Students must use their personal email when creating a College Board student account (do not use FUSD email). On the College Board site, students will indicate whether or not they plan to take the exam in May. If they plan to take multiple AP exams, they will need a specific join code per course per teacher per period.
- Students must also register/pay on the Total Registration site. If they already created an account last year, they should use the same account log in and email. Using the same join codes mentioned above, they will register and pay for exams.
NOTE: ONCE STUDENTS REGISTER FIRST ON COLLEGE BOARD AND THEN ON TOTAL REGISTRATION, THEY WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITLIST. IF THEY ARE MOVED OFF THE WAITLIST, THEY WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS. REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNLESS PAYMENT IS MADE THROUGH TOTAL REGISTRATION.
Grade 11 and Grade 12 students, if you want to take an AP not offered at American, go to this Google Form and submit your information. For students submitting this request, registration instructions will be sent later by FUSD staff.
If you do not complete the registration and payment steps as outlined in the above information, an AP exam will not be ordered for you.
College Board Contact: If students and parents have any questions about AP tests in general, they can call College Board’s AP Services for Students phone number (1-888-225-5427) or by email (email@example.com). College Board’s website is https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap.
AHS AP Coordinator Contact: for AP test related questions or to request financial assistance:
Mrs. Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FUSD Advanced Placement (AP) information can be found at the FUSD AP website.