Policies, Procedures & Disciplines
General School Rules
- Fighting (kicking, hitting, slapping) is not tolerated.
- Students will not use putdowns or foul language.
- Students must demonstrate respect for each other and for all adults in the school.
- Students must respect the property of others and make every effort to protect school property and personal property.
- Students will be present to start class on time.
- Students will obtain permission to go to the office during school hours.
- Students must help keep the campus clean by using the trash cans. Littering is not acceptable.
- Students will walk their bikes on school grounds
- Students will not play in or around the restrooms.
- Electronic devices and toys are not permitted at school.
- Students are to play in their assigned areas at all times.
- Students are to follow directions of all playground supervisors and teachers.
- Jump ropes are to be used for jumping only.
- Use two hands on the bars at all times. No jumping from the bars.
- Footballs and hard balls are not allowed at school.
- The following are against the playground rules:
- Sitting on or hanging from the tetherballs
- Hanging on the basketball hoops
- Running on or climbing up the slides
- Tag or chase games
- Throwing of objects (tanbark, rocks, sticks, etc.)
- Climbing or playing on the fence
- Contact games or rough play
- Kicking balls against the buildings
- Locking games
Consequences & Procedures for Dealing with Inappropriate Behavior
The purpose of school discipline is to ensure that the school is a safe environment that makes learning possible. All staff is encouraged to immediately deal with inappropriate student behavior when it occurs. The following disciplinary consequences will be implemented in the event a student acts in a manner which is inappropriate for the educational setting:
- Community service (cafeteria or campus clean up)
- Before or after school detention
- Parent conference
- Loss of privilege from school activities or events
- In-school suspension
- Counseling referral
Serious offenses may result in immediate suspension from school. Examples include:
- Willful disruption of school activities or otherwise willfully defying the valid authority of school personnel engaged in the performance of their duties.
- Committed an obscene act or engaged in habitual profanity or vulgarity.
- Caused, attempted to cause, or threatened to cause physical injury to another person.
- Caused or attempted to cause damage to school property or private property.
- Stolen or attempted to steal school property or private property.
- A student may be suspended for any of the above reasons upon a first offense if the principal determines that the student's presence causes a danger to persons or property or threatens to disrupt the instructional process.
- A teacher may suspend any of their students from their classroom for the above acts for the remainder day of suspension and the day following.
Students are welcome to ride their bikes to school. Bikes should be locked to the rack each day and are the responsibility of the student. Students are to wear helmets and obey all traffic laws. Please note that roller blades, skates, scooters, and skateboards are not allowed at school at any time.
To ensure a safe environment for all students and staff, all visitors are required to check in at the office, sign in and wear a badge or sticker while on campus. Visitors are required to sign out when you leave the campus. Parents are welcome on campus and visits to the classroom are encouraged. However, we are diligent in preserving the learning environment most conducive to the progress we all want for our children. Therefore, it is requested that all visits to your child's classroom be scheduled in advance.