Welcome to Warm Springs
Thank you for stopping by to learn more about Warm Springs School, the staff and the various programs and activities that promote student success at our school. We are a unique school for several reasons:
- We are the only grade 3-5 elementary school in the Fremont Unified School District (FUSD).
- Our sister school, serving grades K-2, is James Leitch School on Fernald Ave.
- Together, we are one of the largest K-6 elementary schools in our district serving more than 1000 students.
We strive to promote student success and are very proud of our status as a California Distinguished School. We rank a 9 out of 10 on the state's API (Achievement Point Index) which is determined by STAR test results. Our 2009 API is 936. Congratulations to students, teachers and parents who helped to make this happen! Our dedicated staff works very hard to implement the necessary educational opportunities to meet the varying needs of our student population. Furthermore, we have various programs, activities, services and extracurricular programs available to students.
Mission & Vision
1. All students are provided with and acquire the knowledge needed to meet state standards and the opportunity to thrive. Students are guided through a well-planned comprehensive core curriculum.
2. All students are routinely assessed formally and informally to check for understanding and proficiency on state standards. Students are expected to model, synthesize, and apply information into concrete or project-based learning.
3. All students in need of academic support are provided modifications as well as intervention services such as pull-out programs, on-line resources, and after school programs.
4. All students demonstrating mastery in core curriculum areas are provided with greater depth and complexity.
5. We are implementing strategies that foster a safe environment in which staff and students respect the uniqueness of individuals and their differences
Vision: Warm Springs empowers all students to be socially responsible global citizens while maximizing their unique potential in a safe and positive learning environment.