CalPERS Retirement Information

3 Months Before Retiring

  • Submit your completed retirement application to CalPERS. Your application can be submitted in person or at one of CalPERS regional offices (may be closed due to COVID), by mail, or online by logging in to Be sure to keep a copy of all documents submitted for your own records.
  • Contact the Human Resources Department at Fremont Unified School District for the required FUSD documents. Check with your Health Benefits Officer to determine your eligibility for health and dental coverage as a retiree. Email is best due to COVID

Human Resources (510) 659-2556

Iliana Plascencia Mercado Ext. 12282 or

Priscilla Franco Ext. 12283 or

  • Check with your union, credit union, employee organization, or insurance plan to see if certain types of payroll deductions can be continued into retirement.

    If you have any questions please visit CalPERS Retirement