CalSTRS Retirement Information

3 Months Before Retiring

  • Submit your completed retirement application to CalSTRS. Your application can be submitted in person at one of the CalSTRS regional offices (may be closed due to COVID), by mail, or online by logging in to Be sure to keep a copy of all documents submitted for your own records.
  • Contact the Human Resources Department at Fremont Unified School District for the required FUSD documents. Check with your Health Benefits Officer to determine your eligibility for health and dental coverage as a retiree. Email is best due to COVID.

Human Resources (510) 659-2556

Iliana Plascencia Mercado Ext. 12282 or [email protected]  

Priscilla Franco Ext. 12283 or [email protected]


  • Check with your union, credit union, employee organization, or insurance plan to see if certain types of payroll deductions can be continued into retirement.