Superintendent Budget Advisory Task Force (SBATF)
Superintendent Budget Advisory Task Force (SBATF) is to build awareness and understanding of the District budget, as well as recommend ideas to the Board of Education for building the District’s Budget. The SBATF is an advisory body and shall not participate in any capacity in District personnel or operational matters.
The purpose of the SBATF is as follows:
- Develop an understanding of the District’s budget and financial issues
- Provide input on local priorities and, as needed, develop recommendations on fiscal and program priorities that ensure a balanced budget
- Contribute to improved communication to enhance understanding of the District’s budget and financial condition
- Contribute to and support a transparent and collaborative budget process
- Recommend to the Board of Education through the Superintendent ideas related to reducing expenditures or increasing revenues
SBATF Public Access
Meetings will be virtual. Public comments will be accepted live during the meeting. To provide public comments please contact email@example.com - add "SBATF" to subject line
All participants should act civil and appropriate for a public meeting. The Committee respects the right of the public to comment on Committee matters. Employees who are defamed by public comment may be entitled to pursue legal action against those who engage in such comments.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda or accommodations in order to observe or participate in Committee meetings are invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org - add "Accommodation" to subject line. Every effort will be made to accommodate your requests.
Committee Liaison: Executive Assistant to the Superintendent & Board of Education Patty Sandoval, email@example.com
SBATF Meeting Information
All meetings will be virtual, and are 4-5pm unless otherwise noted.
Monday, October 23, 2023
Monday, November 13, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023
Monday, January 29, 2024
Monday, February 26, 2024
Monday, March 25, 2024
Monday, April 15, 2024
Monday, May 20, 2024
Monday, June 10, 2024
2023-2024 Agendas & Files
- Two (2) CSEA members (Appointed by CSEA leadership)
- Two (2) Management members (Appointed by FSMA leadership)
- Two (2) FUDTA members (Appointed by FUDTA leadership)
- Two (2) SEIU members (Appointed by SEIU leadership)
- Two (2) Students (Appointed by SURFBoardE)
- Up to two (2) Trustees (Appointed by the Board of Education)
- Three (3) Parents (Appointed by the Superintendent)
- Two (2) Business/Civic Community members (Appointed by the Superintendent)
- One (1) Budget Director
- One (1) Budget Analyst
- One (1) Executive Assistant
- Associate Superintendent
Please fill out application for this advisory group task force. The Superintendent is charged with selecting its members. For more information on serving on the Task Force, please contact the Superintendent’s Office.