Intra-District Transfers

Transferring from one Fremont Unified school to another Fremont Unified school (Intra-District)

 Students must be currently enrolled in FUSD before requesting a transfer. 


If you have MOVED within Fremont, DO NOT complete a transfer form. Follow the link below and complete the Change of Residency (address) documents Change of Residency

Fremont Unified School District assigns schools based on your home address. If you would like to apply for another school in our District, you will need to fill out an Intra-District Transfer request.

Intra-District Transfer Form 2024-25 ( English | español | 中文

Transfers of current Fremont students from one school to another is allowed if there is space in the grade level requested. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Approved transfers are granted for one school year only and will need to be renewed annually. If your request is approved your student will be removed from your home school, and or home school waiting list.

Application are accepted on an ongoing basis, for the current school year.

Parent notification of Intra-District Transfer approval or denial will be sent via email. 

Looking to transfer outside of your district of residence? Go to Inter-District

Magnet/Immersion Programs

Please DO NOT complete an INTRA District transfer form for these programs, which are open to students enrolled in Fremont Unified School District.

Click on the links below for more information and applications:

Additional Support

Director of Student Support Services: Greg Bailey, [email protected]

Inter & Intra-District Transfer Requests: Janet Shue, [email protected]