Enrollment & Registration
Parents/Guardians of students who are new to FUSD, or who previously withdrew their student(s) from FUSD schools, must complete the new student enrollment process.
1. Requirements for Enrollment
- Student must be living full-time in Fremont, CA at the time of enrollment. (reside in Fremont for at least 24 hours)
- A student cannot be enrolled in an FUSD school for the current school year if they are currently enrolled in another public or private school for the current school year.
- Click here to view current vaccine / immunization requirements.
- Instructions for 2023-2024 Enrollment | Instrucciones - for families with no students currently enrolled in Fremont Unified.
- Instructions for 2024-2025 Enrollment coming soon.
2. Student Placement in a School and Grade Level
- School Locator to find a home school by residence address. (students may be placed outside their home school based on availability)
- Elementary schools participate in a kindergarten lottery/wait lists when more kindergarten students are enrolled than available space. Click here to access the Overload Complaint Form.
- Student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st of that school year to enroll in kindergarten.
- Kindergarten is extended day format.
- Click here to learn more about Transitional Kindergarten, including age requirements and benefits for students.
- If your child is too young for our TK or kindergarten program, please check out our Preschool Program.
- Initial grade placement is based on chronological age. (Board Policy)
3. Special Programs
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for a special program you must ENROLL for FUSD, as indicated on this page, as well as submit the program application.
- Spanish & Mandarin Immersion Programs: Click here to learn more about our language immersion programs.
- Science Magnet Program: Click here to learn more about the Science Magnet Program (based on available space).
4. Transferring Schools
Learn more about transfers:
- Intra-District Transfers: For current FUSD students looking to transfer from one FUSD school to another, or
- Inter-District Transfers: For students looking to transfer outside their district of residence.
5. Extended Day Services
Click here to learn more about before and after school care through fee-based programs; eligible families may be enrolled at no cost to through FUSD's Expanded Learning Opportunities Program.
Student Support Services supports elementary enrollment.