Enrollment & Registration
Parents/Guardians of students who are new to FUSD, or who previously withdrew their student(s) from FUSD schools must complete the enrollment process for their students.
NEW in 2023-24: Kindergarten will move to an extended day format! Exact schedules are determined by each school.
1. Requirements for Enrollment
- Student must be living full-time in Fremont, CA at the time of enrollment.
- A student cannot be enrolled in an FUSD school for the current school year if they are currently enrolled in another public or private school for the current school year.
- Click here to view current vaccine / immunization requirements.
2. Student Placement in a School and Grade Level
- Use our School Locator to find a home school by residence address; students may be placed outside their home school based on availability.
- Elementary schools participate in a kindergarten lottery/wait lists when more kindergarten students are enrolled than available space. Click here to access the Overload Complaint Form.
- Student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st of that school year to enroll in kindergarten.
- Click here to learn more about Transitional Kindergarten, including age requirements and benefits for students.
- Initial grade placement for enrolling students is based on chronological age, see Board Policy 5111 for more information.
3. Special Programs
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for a special program you must ENROLL for FUSD, as indicated on this page, as well as submit the program specific application.
- FUSD offers Spanish & Mandarin Immersion Programs. Click here to learn more about our language immersion programs.
- FUSD offers a Science Magnet Program at Mattos Elementary. Click here to learn more about the Science Magnet Program.
4. Transferring Schools
Learn more about Intra- and Inter-District Transfers for:
- Intra-District : Current FUSD students looking to transfer from one FUSD school to another, or
- Inter-District : Students looking to transfer outside their district of residence.
5. Extended Day Services
Click here to learn more about before and after school care through fee-based programs; eligible families may be enrolled at no cost to through FUSD's Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELO-P).
Student Support Services supports elementary enrollment.
Please join a enrollment virtual office hour to learn more about enrollment and ask any questions.